HIGH PERFORMANCE HABITS
Motivation is what gets you started; Habit is what keeps you going. Best Civil Services Coaching In Dehradun.
Have you been working hard and still don’t see yourself stand out of the crowd? And, despite aiming for the stars, you find yourself just revolving around the old average ways? Best IAS Institute in Dehradun. It even seems quite challenging in establishing certain habits from the start of the day to the time you hit the bed along with preparing your mind ahead of time as in what needs to be done the next day. Best Civil Services Coaching In Dehradun. What makes it so challenging? What is it that makes someone win or lose? How can you perform highly well?
The author, Brendon Burchard, of the best seller HIGH PERFORMANCE HABITS has conducted one of the biggest studies in the history on high performance which covers people from over 190 countries. The study aimed at understanding exactly how they achieve their long-term success. Best IAS Institute in Dehradun.
He came up with a conclusion that gender, race, age and personality traits have very little to do with high performance. If one really wants to be among the highest performing people in this world, the person need not be born with an extraordinary ability to achieve. It is certain key habits that matters and that these habits aren’t formed by accident but are taken by the high performers, deliberately.
Here are 6 well identified and researched high performance habits that will lead you to your way to extraordinary achievements.
1.High performers have self-awareness, are confident and have a clear purpose in life. When was the last instance you asked yourself this big question, “how do I want to be remembered?” Or, “what do I want to do with my life?” we often do so only on our birthday or New Year’s Eve. Best IAS Institute in Dehradun. But high performers question themselves with these big questions all the time. They make it a habit that keeps them goal oriented and provides them a safe clarity. Clarity comprises four fields that can be worked upon to bring improvement:
i. Knowing self and knowing exactly what kind of person you want to become High performers are focused on becoming the best version of themselves and being remembered this way.
ii. Being aware about the social sphere and the interactions with others High performers keep searching for positive avenues every time . Best Civil Services Coaching In Dehradun. If there’s a lunch date, meeting or party coming up, they build in methodologies to shape the meeting in a positive way.
iii. Knowing precisely which talents need to be developed under the varied field of skills High performers will focus on a primary profession and give themselves enough time to practice and improvement. Best IAS Institute in Dehradun. For a person who wants to be a great writer, he/she has to set aside time to not just write but improve upon the feedbacks too.
iv. Finding a way to give service back to others
High performers excel at working on behalf of others and leading others too. This motivates them, granting meaning to their work.
2. High performers have a positive outlook on life and are physically and mentally fit. CEOs are always associated with mental fitness, but research shows that they’re also physically fit, and their energy level is at par to those of professional athletes. Best Civil Services Coaching In Dehradun. According to the author this is the second habit that generates energy, and serves as a key to maintain a high performance level. According to the Neuroscientists regular exercise increases the production of new neurons in the areas of the brain that are related to learning and memory thereby improving mood and reducing stress, adding up to enhanced performance.
3. High performers use inner and outer expectations to stay motivated. Let’s take for instance two runners about to start a race. One racer is thinking about the personal glory of winning, while the other is thinking that he has to win this for his mother. Who has got better chances winning? Probably the latter. That’s because raising the stakes improves performance. The author calls this third habit as the habit of raising necessity. Best Civil Services Coaching In Dehradun. High performers will bring an extra urgency to the work they’re doing, usually in the form of an outside obligation that is added to their own internal desires. Underperformers, on the other hand, will rely solely on their own desire to succeed. High performers create outside expectations and the act of voicing your goal out loud makes you more committed to perform.
4. High performers avoid distractions and are smart with their deadlines. If you feel busy and run down, but see not much results then it is a clear sign that there’s an imbalance between the energy spent and the results seen. This brings us to the fourth habit of high performance that is increasing productivity, which can be done by learning how to separate the important work from the unimportant work. Data shows that underperformers are over three times more likely to fall into a false deadline trap, because they do not set a deadline that is strictly enforced. Best IAS Institute in Dehradun. Having a visible finish line ahead of you helps maintain focus, fight distraction and keep your energy level up.
5. High performers are appreciative, giving and aware of what others need to succeed. There’s a notion that that once you reach the highest point of the professional ladder, there will be no one around with whom to share your achievement. But with the high performers, they have a unique way of creating lasting connections with their peers. High performers were found to have a giving mind-set – the fifth habit. They’re well aware of the struggles and desires of others and use that knowledge to provide people with what they need.
6. High performers aren’t afraid to take risks and are open about their ambitions. For high performers, risk-taking isn’t unusual at all. In fact, demonstrating courage is the sixth and final habit of high performers, and it goes hand-in-hand with gaining a positive perspective on challenging situations. Best Civil Services Coaching In Dehradun. So don’t waste another day. Now’s the time to open yourself up to the world and all the good and bad it has to offer.
“The war you feel within-that restlessness, the unending uncertainty-is not to be dismissed, avoided and hated. That internal conflict is not dark. It is a beaming light trying to focus you, the rolling thunderous call of courage, and the rays of greatness seeking to explode beyond your skin to touch once more the spirit of possibility.”-Brendon Burchard, Author of High Performance Habits.